The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and accompanying Data Protection Act 2018 define the rules that organisations must follow when they process personal data... and the penalties they can face if they fail to do this. The question is: are your staff up to speed with their responsibilities?
If not, fear not! Our Data Protection Essentials elearning course has been designed to provide your staff with the practical knowledge and skills that they need. Featuring detailed explanations of the key principles, case studies exploring how the law applies in practice, and a unique ‘ask the expert’ feature for staff who need to know more, Data Protection Essentials is the most comprehensive, flexible and cost-effective way of enabling everyone to stay on the right side of the law.
Jonathan NewcombeCTDNorfolk County Council
We have had some great feedback from our users who find the course easy to use and very informative. The course meets all our requirements to provide users with key messages and also our corporate Data Protection responsibilities. Working with Cylix has been a pleasure and we hope to work with them again in the future.
The Data Protection Essentials online training course is made up of four bite-sized sections:
Data protection matters!
- Why is it so important to protect personal data?
- What the GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018 cover... and the penalties for non-compliance.
- The potential implications of Brexit.
- What is "personal data" in the eyes of the law?
- Understanding who’s who: data subject, data controller, data processor, DPO, ICO.
What the law says
- The core principles for processing personal data.
- Rules for transferring/storing personal data outside the UK and Europe.
- What to do in the event of a data breach.
- Rights of the data subject, including the right to be forgotten.
Putting it in practice
Series of case studies in which users need to decide how to comply with the law in a range of realistic situations.
Test your knowledge
Comprehensive mastery test to verify each user’s knowledge and understanding of the contents of the course. On successfully passing the test, users can download a personal course completion certificate.
Looking to train staff in Europe? No problem, all UK-specific topics and references can be removed at the flick of a (software) switch, so that content focuses exclusively on the EU GDPR.