Providing equality of opportunity isn’t an option, it’s the law. But let’s face it, getting people up to speed with the legislation and keeping them there can be a real challenge for any organisation.
This is where we can help. Working in collaboration with HR experts and employment law specialists, we’ve developed Equality & Diversity Essentials, a groundbreaking online training course that provides staff with a practical guide to equality, diversity and inclusion, and their key rights and responsibilities under the law.
Dave CroweConsultantLog on to Care project
These are the best elearning materials that we know of and we use them with over 30 care organisations.
The Equality & Diversity Essentials online training course is made up of five bite-sized sections:
Understanding Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
- What do equality, diversity and inclusion mean?
- Relevance to everyone.
- Benefits to organisations and individuals.
What the law says
- Protected characteristics covered by the Equality Act.
- Forms of "less favourable treatment": direct discrimination, indirect discrimination, harassment/bullying and victimisation.
- Discrimination by association and perception.
- Positive action vs. positive discrimination.
- Series of interactive case studies exploring how the law applies in practice.
Breaking down the barriers
- Understanding prejudice.
- Preconceptions and unconscious bias: what they are and how they can cause discrimination.
- Breaking down stereotypes and self-fulfilling prophecies.
Challenging unacceptable behaviour
- Framework for challenging unacceptable behaviour effectively.
- How to escalate issues, when necessary.
Test your knowledge
Comprehensive mastery test to verify each user's knowledge and understanding of the contents of the course. On successfully passing the test, users can download a personal course completion certificate.
This course is available tailored for the following sectors:
- Any Workplace
- Public sector
- Fire & Rescue