Advances in technology have made it possible for a greater number of people to work from home seamlessly. And the Covid pandemic has demonstrated that, for a wide range of roles, homeworking can be a perfectly realistic alternative to working in a conventional workplace.
But homeworking presents challenges of its own and is only going to be successful if the right processes, practices and resources are in place. This is where our Homeworking Essentials online training course can help: it provides staff with a practical guide to the things that they need to consider and do in order to work from home... safely, securely and productively.
The Homeworking Essentials online training course is made up of four bite-sized sections:
- Conducting a risk assessment
- The legalities of working from home
- Ensuring you have the right equipment and resources
- Time management
- Tackling stress
Create a safe workspace
- Lifting & carrying safely
- Choosing an appropriate chair
- Adopting the right posture
- Setting up your workstation
- Guidelines for using laptops and mobile devices
- Taking breaks
- What types of information need to be protected?
- The three key elements of information security: Confidentiality, Integrity & Availability
- Key tips for protecting information at home
- How to protect yourself from phishing and scams
- What to do if there’s a security breach
Test your knowledge
Comprehensive mastery test to verify each user's knowledge and understanding of the contents of the course. On successfully passing the test, users can download a personal course completion certificate.