Anyone can experience mental health difficulties at any stage of their lives. But students are particularly susceptible: in fact, mental wellbeing among students has been estimated to be around half the level of non-students. What makes matters worse is that mental health has historically been something that many people don’t feel able to openly acknowledge or discuss. Our new Supporting Student Mental Health & Wellbeing elearning course aims to change that! It provides your staff with a practical understanding of mental health and looks at how they can provide students with advice and support to help them overcome any difficulties they encounter.
The Supporting Student Mental Health & Wellbeing online training course is made up of four bite-sized sections:
Understanding mental health
- The relationship between mental health, wellbeing and resilience.
- The scale of the issue, both generally and among students specifically.
- Common forms of mental health condition.
- Factors which can trigger mental health issues for students.
Supporting students in distress
- Recognising when a student may be having difficulties.
- Assessing the urgency of a situation.
- What to do in an emergency.
- Four-step framework for discussing issues and supporting students.
What would you do?
Series of case studies in which users need to decide how best to respond in a range of realistic situations.
Test your knowledge
Comprehensive mastery test to verify each user's knowledge and understanding of the contents of the course. On successfully passing the test, users can download a personal course completion certificate.